We’ve all had the experience of using various knives, and many of us know of brass knuckles. If you put them together, and you have a duo of the best weapon and the handiest tool. The brass knuckle knife is not a new invention; it’s been around for decades. But after all these years, people continue to use them to keep safe and make their lives easier.
Why Was the Knuckle Knife Made?
It seems like a reasonable question to imagine what brought about the need to combine brass knuckles with blades. In fact, it was the need of the hour to have self-defense weapons that could protect in face-to-face combat.
World War I soldiers had to fight in the trenches, often at close quarters with the enemy. Knuckle knives were invented to help them in direct combat with the enemy sides with full force. The blade of the knife attached to the tight grasp of the knuckles gave them an added advantage. The famed brass knuckle knife became a phenomenon after the war and continues to be used today.
How Is a Knuckle Duster Knife Useful Today?
- Self-defense will always be a primary function of the Brass Knuckle Knife. No matter how many other weapons are created, the knuckle knife is non-technical and impactful.
- The knuckle duster knife can be quite helpful in your daily life as well. It can help you tear open overly wrapped and taped packages. Knuckle knives can be used as a decoration item in your study to occasionally be used as a letter opener.
- If you are in the wilderness, camping and hiking can be made more comfortable with this knife. You can use it to tap trees for sap, cut ropes and brambles, and defend against wild animals.
- Given their design and charisma as a weapon, people like to collect them as souvenirs as well.
Using Knuckle Knives Safely
If you have experienced the efficiency and strength of a knuckle knife, you probably know they are not toys. Will brass knuckles kill you? If you are careless when you use them, you can injure yourself badly. There are slim chances of the knuckle knife causing death unless the wielder is inexperienced or underage.
- This issue of injury also raises questions about the legality of brass knuckle knives.
- Although there is no restriction in federal law, some states like California have various limitations.
- You can’t openly use or carry knuckle knives in specific locations like clubs, social gatherings, and public sites.
- You can very well buy them anywhere in the United States, but precaution and discretion are advised.
What Kind of Brass Knuckle Knives Can You Get?
The added benefit of having knuckle support on knives really helps their function. There are various kinds of these cool knives that are built for specific purposes.
- Fixed blade knuckle knife – if you use a fixed knife, you will get a better grip and more strength. The blade is sturdier and is used in activities that require power like hunting, harvesting, or butchering.
- Folding brass knuckle knife – commonly, you would see this category more in the market. The blade of the folding knife is safer to carry as it can fold into the handle. The knuckle rings also allow for more comfortable carriage as they are compact and easier to travel with.
- Spring-assisted knuckle knife – the speed and efficiency of a spring-loaded blade are unparalleled. Add the twist of a knuckle ring as well, and this could be the best self-defense weapon you’d ever need. You can keep the blade hidden until you need it, and it can be pushed open with a simple click.
Brass Knuckle Knife for Sale Locally
It might seem like something as novel as a brass knuckle knife combination weapon will be few and far between. But you can abundantly find knuckle knives for sale in large weapon stores and online pages. There are, of course, some cities and towns where you might not have access to the best blades. That is why you can always look online and find what you are searching for.
Find Cheap Knives Without Compromising Quality
Depending on what your immediate need, there are plenty of options to choose from when browsing online. For your convenience, here are a selected few knuckle knives that are the best of the lot.
- If you’re handling the messy stuff like hunting and butchering, buy the Black Fixed Blade Knuckle Knife by Mtech for $18.99.
- For emergencies and first aid, you can count on a sturdy blade like the MTech Digital Camo knuckle knife, available for $10.99.
- To wrap up convenient use and fast-paced action in one tool, you can buy the Ballistic Stonewash Karambit Knuckle Knife for $8.48.
If you wonder how these blades are so cheap, there is no need to worry; they are still high-quality. There are few online wholesalers that give you the benefit of buying well-crafted wholesale knives. Despite the fact that they offer market compatible rates on all their products, you can bet on their effectiveness.
Every blade is made from the most robust materials and tried and tested to last long. No matter what your need is, if you’re preparing for self-defense or a long, challenging adventure in the wild, you’re set. However, you might choose to use your blade, you shouldn’t have to pay a fortune.